Tuesday and Thursday: These rides are longer and follow variety of routes. Most of the rides listed include the riding distance so it is possible to determine if you think it is suitable. Please ring up a contact person if you have any queries.
Starting point All rides start from the Jika Jika Community Centre at the corner of Plant and Union St Northcote
- Darebin BUG Mid Week Riders’ Group: Ride Schedule January – March 2020 (pdf file)
- More information about weekend rides
- Leaders and tails should ensure that they have each other’s phone numbers.
- Rides will depart from Jika at 9.15 unless otherwise stated.
- Leaders using trains should check times.
- Rides on days forecast over 35 deg will be cancelled, over 30 deg may be
- Ride distance is generally 30 – 60 km with occasional longer rides
- Finish time around 3-4 pm depending on the ride distance
- Ride surface. Most riding is on bike paths or occasionally roads with bike lanes. Some surfaces include gravel or toppings
- Bicycle type: All types of bikes are suitable.
- Riding speed About 18 km/h but with regular stops for regrouping.
- Refreshments: Rides stop for morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea. Riders generally bring morning tea and lunch while the afternoon stop generally includes a coffee shop.
- Safety: A first aid kit is carried on the rides. All rides have a leader and tail.
- Remember to bring water and sunscreen