Tuesday and Thursday: These rides are longer and follow variety of routes. Most of the rides listed include the riding distance so it is possible to determine if you think it is suitable. Please ring up a contact person if you have any queries.
- Darebin BUG Mid Week Riders’ Group: Ride Schedule July – October 2019
- More information about weekend rides
Starting point All rides start from the Jika Jika Community Centre at the corner of Plant and Union St Northcote
- Leaders and tails should ensure that they have each other’s phone numbers.
- Rides will depart from Jika at 9.30 unless otherwise stated.
- Leaders using trains should check times.
- Starting time 9.30 am, unless stated in the ride description.
- Ride distance is generally 30 – 60 km with occasional longer rides
- Finish time around 3-4 pm depending on the ride distance
- Ride surface. Most riding is on bike paths or occasionally roads with bike lanes. Some surfaces include gravel or toppings
- Bicycle type: All types of bikes are suitable.
- Riding speed About 18 km/h but with regular stops for regrouping.
- Refreshments: Rides stop for morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea. Riders generally bring morning tea and lunch while the afternoon stop generally includes a coffee shop.
- Safety: A first aid kit is carried on the rides. All rides have a leader and tail.
- Remember to bring water and sunscreen
Get the Google Calendar app on either Google Play or App Store. Click on any listed event below to expand displayed information, this calendar is public, use ical or html settings to share in your email calendar, web page or calendar app.